Paul Kind is an associate in GBG’s Los Angeles office. Prior to joining the firm, Paul was an associate in the Employment Law practice of Paul Hastings in the Los Angeles office. Paul represents employers in all aspects of employment law, in both single-plaintiff and class-action matters.
Paul received his J.D. from Loyola Law School, where he graduated Order of the Coif. While in law school, Paul served as a Note & Comment Editor of the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, and he won the award for the best published comment. Paul also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen R. Reinhardt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and to R. Gary Klausner of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. Paul received a B.A. in Religion & Philosophy, magna cum laude, from Indiana Wesleyan University in 2004.
Paul is admitted to practice law in California.
- Loyola Law School, J.D., 2015
- Indiana Wesleyan University, B.A., 2004
Key Practice Experience
- State and federal discrimination and retaliation laws, including disability, race, sex, and sexual orientation
- ADA compliance and reasonable accommodation defense
- Family Medical Leave Act and state leave laws
- Federal and state pay equity laws
- Fair Labor Standards Act/California state wage and hour laws
- Representation through and including trial or arbitration hearing
- Complete defense win at arbitration hearing for leading university
- Leveraged effective factual investigation to resolve a PAGA action for near nuisance value settlement for healthcare employer
- Numerous findings of no-fault in EEOC and DFEH investigations for automotive and technology company
- AYSO Soccer Head Coach
- PTA Member for Jackson STEM Dual Language Magnet Academy
Recognitions & Honors
- Fritz B. Burns Scholar (2011-2015)
- Sayre Macneil Scholar – Top 5% (2012-2015)
- Order of the Coif (2015)
- Selected Best Published Comment for Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review (2014)
- Indiana Wesleyan Servant Leader Award (2004)