Jasmine S. Horton has more than ten years of experience handling complex employment and commercial litigation in California state and federal courts and agencies. She has represented employers in the retail, hospitality, technology, health care, and transportation industries, in actions involving workplace harassment, discrimination, and retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour issues, and claims under the California Private Attorney General Act.
Jasmine provides advice and counsel to California employers on leave and accommodations issues, social media, harassment and other policies, employee discipline and terminations, employee classification issues, and separation agreements. She also handles internal investigations and workplace training for businesses in a wide range of industries.
Before joining GBG, Jasmine was an associate with the international law firms of Reed Smith and Littler Mendelson. She also served more than two years as Associate General Counsel of MVP Sports Group, a leading sports agency representing players of Major League Baseball.
- University of California, Hastings College of Law, J.D., 2010 Assistant Managing Editor: Hastings Law Journal
- University of Southern California, B.A., Political Science, 2007
Key Practice Experience
- California Fair Employment & Housing Act
- FMLA & California leave laws
- ADA & reasonable accommodations
- Manager & personnel harassment trainings
- Workplace investigations
- California wage & hour laws
- PAGA representative actions
- Financial Services
- Health Care
- Tips & Tricks for Running Single-Plaintiff Employment Cases (Presentation for Virtual National Employment Law Council Academy) (2021)
- Strategy for Conflict Resolution & Mediation (Presentation in Lilongwe, Malawi, Africa at Malawi Chiefs Conference) (2018)
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Inc.
- President-Elect (2021-2022)
- Vice President (2019-2021)
- Financial Secretary (2018-2019)
- Historian (2017-2018)
- Member At Large (2016-2017)
- National Employment Law Council
- (NELC)Member (2015-2021)
- NELC Academy Fellow (2014)
- Girls Republic
- Teen Mentor (2016-2019)