Carlos Martinez is an associate at GBG representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment matters, including wrongful termination, discrimination, breach of contract, failure to accommodate, and wage-and-hour claims. Carlos has defended employers and companies in state and federal court, and has managed every phase of litigation, from pre-litigation disputes through trial. Carlos consistently obtains favorable results for his clients, having been awarded judgments and defense verdicts through dispositive motions and trial. He has worked with companies and organizations of all sizes, from startups to Fortune 500 companies, assisting with litigation, risk management training, and regulatory compliance education.
- University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2014, Business Certificate, with honors
- University of California, Davis, B.A., Psychology and Communications, 2010
Key Practice Experience
- State and federal discrimination and retaliation laws, including race, sex, sexual orientation, and disability
- FEHA compliance and reasonable accommodation defense
- Wage and hour, PAGA class action litigation
- Shipping and freight
- Assisted with securing denial of motion for class certification against national employer involving putative class comprised of thousands of employees.
Publications & Presentations
- Professional Liability Attorney Network: The risks of sharing of Employees’ Confidential Information
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association – University of San Francisco chapter, Former Board Member